Terminology and Data Calculation Formula of App Search Ads
App developers that just come into contact with Apple Search Ads may be a little confused with terminology and data calculation formula. DeciMob will give a basic course of Apple Search Ads today.
In Apple Search Ads, there are several important indicators.
- Impressions: The times that advertisement displays in the first place of the keyword search results.
- Taps: The times that users reach the app page via Apple Search Ads.
- Conversions: The number of conversions, also referring to the number of downloads after the users see Apple Search Ads.
- CPT Bid: A bid price for a keyword in Apple Search Ads. This is just a bid price, which is not the actual cost of tapping.
- Default Max CPT Bid: In Search Ads, the Default Max CPT Bid is the maximum amount you’re willing to pay for a tap on your ad. This bid will apply to any keyword that you add to a specific ad group unless you apply an individual keyword bid. DeciMob found that the parameter was used by Apple to run the algorithm when selecting automatically match.
- Spend: Total consumption, the total amount of advertising spent in a cycle.
- Budget: The total budget, the highest spending limit in a campaign. This parameter can only be improved during the modification process.
- Daily Cap: One-day consumer limit, which means the daily limit of advertising consumption, is used to control risk and the pace of bid. This parameter can only be improved during the modification process.
- Avg CPT: The average cost of clicks, which is the amount spent of every tapping on the ads, is currently calculated in US dollars, which is the lower the better.
- Avg CPA: The average download cost, which is the amount spent of every download through the ads, is currently calculated in US dollars. This data may not be the lower the better, it should be compared to the LTV of app.
- TTR: Tap Through Rate, which is the ratio of impressions to Taps.
- CR: Conversion Rate, which is the ratio of Taps to Conversions.
- Avg CPT: Average Cost Per Taps = Spend / Taps
- Avg CPA : Average Cost Per Action = Spend / Conversions
- TTR : Tap Through Rate= Taps / Impressions * 100%
- CR: Conversion Rate = Conversions / Taps * 100%